Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

   Everything started the late night of December 30th, when my dad and mom started putting up decorations and organizing everything for the NewYears party, which was to be at our house.

   I woke up quite late on the 31st because I had stayed up late helping my mom download music, (she just discovered how to.) Since then, my whole life was directed towards the party, cleaning up my room, going to pick up food, etc. But the time had finally arrived.

   The party was with my mom's side of the family, but my dad had invited my grandfather from his side of the family and his brother as well. It was deffinetly and fantastic New Years. My family hadn´t spend New Years together since I left, that was almost seven years ago! And one always misses their roots, even if you try to deny it, you always need your family. My favorite part was getting to count down till 12 am, I was in charge for keeping track of time!

   When the new year started everyone started shouting and partying, wishing each other,"Feliz Año Nuevo!"From there, the house was no longer quiet, it was non-stop dancing. To be honest, I did not like that part at all, because it was all music from like the 80's or early 90's, so I rushed upstais with my brother and cousin. For the rest of the night I had long conversations with my cousin, untill everyone left and we fell asleep.


    The next day on the 2nd, I had a party from my dad´s side of the family. So I woke up at 11, and only had about 7 hours of sleep, I was so tired. We stayed at that gathering untill six in the evening, I was DEAD by that moment. But I wouldn´t get any rest soon, because as soon as I got home I started packing my bags for the beach.

   This is where I am at, at the moment. Sitting here watching a movie and writing this blog, I can´t wait to go to sleep, and finally get a well deserved rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment