Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandma!!!

(All the girls of the family)

   Just recently it was my grandmother´s birthday. Which was spent in my "favorite place in the world..." The beach. You see, my parents always wanted to wake up hearing the ocean tide, but it was sort of impossible living way up north in Canada. So even before buying a car (our main method of transportation,) my parents bought a beach apartment when we first moved.

   So if you are reading this then you are probably tired of hearing me whine about Coronado. You might be thinking what´s wrong with this girl? And yes, I do think that there must be something wrong with me since everyone says it to my face, and I seem to be the only person that thinks that way. But it´s been six years since I last spent a birthday with my grandmother, so the whole family decided to go to her favorite place, Coronado. I had a change of heart, for her,  I decided I would make the best effort to have a good time.

   Thank God my cousins went, I mean I can handle the babies and the little girls for a while, but I was sure thankful my big cousin was there. He practically lived with us for the weekend, just slept in his hotel room and from there went over to our apartment to have a good time. His name is Luis, but I call him Luigi. Luigi is just two years older than me, and to me is more like a brother, I always have a good time laughing and joking with him, if it wasn´t for his presence I would of been bored as hell.

   But after all the weekend was all for my granny, so we went over to my auntie´s beach house and had a BBQ in honour of her 65th birthday. I don´t think I have ever spend so much quality time with my family. For about three hours straight I was playing soccer with the little dudes, carrying them around, running with them and chasing bubbles.

   By the end of the trip I didn´t have to make an effort to have a good time, because good times just happen spontaneously when your are sorrounded by people who love you. Really, this was all so my grandmother would have a memorable birthday, and it sure was. The ninth of January of 2012 was the first in seven birthdays that my grandmother spent with all her children and grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment