Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Confession Tuesday: Keep Calm And Have A Cupcake

     So everyone knows how much I love music… But, they probably don´t know how much I like to write.  I was eleven, and in a birthday party the treat bags had a pink notebook. It stated in the cover “Keep Calm and Have A Cupcake,” I immediately related it to poems and songs.


     Sixth grade to me is the most memorable year so far. My group of friends was extremely close; we had an awesome teacher, (but there was a lot of drama though). Most important, this was the year I discovered music and writing.

     Everyday after school I would write poems, songs, confessions and make random lists. Honestly, about the stupidest stuff. At the time I was obsessed with hockey, so I would write cheesy quotes about Kris Letang, Sidney Crosby, and Evgeni Malkin. In other cases, I would use my journal to relieve my anger. I would write really angry, irritating songs, and then feel guilty for what I had done. So due to my guilt, I would write the corniest apologies. One even said, “Life is like a song, full of highs and lows…”

    But also, other than using the journal for bad days and unrealistic dreams, I would use it to express cute, nice feelings. I would write about my best friends, (they would also write quotes in their themselves). Also to talk about my family, Christmas, New Years, and really anytime that I would celebrate.

    The truth is that even though some of the stuff in my “diary” might be embarrassing, I don´t regret writing it. They might be corny, cheesy, affectionate, honest and maybe even mean… but honestly it´s just me. (I hope to get inspired some day soon, so that I can go back to writing in my cupcake book.) 


For more confessions go to this site. 

4 comments:

  1. Awwe this is so cute! You are excellent at both music and writing so you practically succeeded your life. (if thats even grammatically correct) <3 <3 Also it clearly seems like you are talking to the reader so good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love your confession and I can bet almost every girl can relate to it jajaja Great use of parenthesis

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete