Sunday, December 25, 2011

Different Christmas

This December 24 I  woke up in Coronado, to a beautiful view of the beach. My parents wanted to "di-stress" themselves from all the city traffic, so they decided to spend a few days listening to the ocean tide. Although, other than the view, there isn´t much I enjoy of the beach. So what I did... I woke up early and made a headstart to get everything ready for our ride back to Panama. Unfortunetly for me, we were in the city by three, which for my taste is quite late.

Due to a lack of sleep, my first action when I arrived home was to take a nap. I needed to get some beauty sleep before going to my first Christmas party in seven years in Panama. The party was at Shanida´s (I call her my cousin, but she´s really my aunt,) house. At the gathering, there were my grandparent, aunts, uncles, parent, brother, and just one little cousin. I got to say, I would love to be her. Since shes so little, she gets all the attention, her name is Valeria. Valeria is lots of fun to be with, one of the coolest little kids I know.

What I found so different about Christmas was the enviroment. Instead of snow there were fireworks everywhere, instead of sitting by the fireplace we were by the fan. Little things you don´t pay much attention to when you have them, but miss them when they are gone.

When I arrived home from the Christmas celebration Santa Claus had already arrived. My favourite present were some gear I recieved for a little recording studio I want to set up, like a microphone and recording headphones.

On the 25th I woke up quite late, and right away I got ready to leave my house once again. We went over to Albrook Gardens for a BBQ. I swear, I never eat as much as I do in that house! No kidding, with all this food I have officially gained three pounds in two days! Not proud of myself...

All in all, it was deffenetly a different Christmas from the last six ones, but a good one. After all the most important part of the holidays is to spend time with the ones you love. Merry Christmas you guys, enjoy your holidays!

2 comments:

  1. You seem to be really enjoying yourself! Your post reminds me of Gaetane's (read hers and see why). I can't wait to hear the songs that you will be practicing with your recording studio!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... Thanks Mrs. Meadows, love you too!

    ReplyDelete