Monday, March 5, 2012

Zack, You Are Still Dear To Me


Dear Zack,

            I hope you read the article I wrote for the New York Times—its about when you arraigned and interrogated that assassinator. When you busted his ass, remember? I just can´t believe all you have achieved on all these years that have elapsed. Congratulations on all your success.

            New York is great, very metropolitan-very big. Although I have my dream job (although, I´m not lionized or anything,) I still miss Tiburon like you have no idea.  I might of whined about the sweltering summer days back then, but I sure miss them when it´s December over here.

            I talked to August a few days ago; she sure misses you and me when we would conspire making the honey. She also mentioned that you and your wife, Annie, celebrated little Ebony´s fourth birthday last weekend. Please wish her a happy birthday for me; I want to meet that little girl that I hear so much about.

            I still await the day when I can fall in love again, just like you did. The world was so bizarre, unfair back then when we were young. Such anarchy, they even prohibited us from being together. By the time that changed--it was too late--you had moved on with your life. But it’s nothing to regret, I mean you found Annie and now have your little Ebony to treasure, it’s a fact no one can have a dissension on.

            I look back, and meticulously read the stories I wrote in that journal you gave me—so I can assimilate every detail. I cry sometimes, when I remember my lonely nights in the honey house, the Calendar sisters, the bees, the shackles of T-Ray. But when I remember you I always gain hope. Zack, I am getting older by the second, and at thirty-four I still haven´t fallen in love more than once. But then again, I remember you--Zachary. I remember that summer, our summer love.    


            So I wanted to thank you-for showing me I am capable of falling in love, I have apprehended it is possible. If I didn´t have those memories to go back to, I´d think I´d be lonely forever, that my life would be nothing but a calamity. You will always be my first love, but not my last. I know it´s imminent that I will find my better half. Farewell for now.

Love,
Lily 

No comments:

Post a Comment